Wednesday, March 28

Our next destination





My kids LOVE to travel. 
My son, Kevin got his first passport at the age of six months and I still remember the lady at the photo studio telling me that Kevin was not allowed to smile. Question : How do you get a 6mth old NOT to smile, when he’s been  prompted to smile in front of the camera since the day he was born??  My daughter, Mona also got her's at an early age. Their passports have been well used. Worth every penny!


They even know the drill when we're preparing for the airport: 1. Don't wear anything that will beep. (So, usual outfits consists of comfy track pants and tshirt with easy to slip-on/off shoes. My son starts to remove his shoes from the start of line at security. Such an eager beaver!!). 2. No liquids, (finish up juice and water before security check).
3. Keep all electronic toys in a small bag inside the big bag.
4. Mona's allergy meds in a clear “zip-loc” and labelled.


They have also become familiar with some airports we frequent - where the good eats are, which have clean bathrooms, you know, all the important stuff!


Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean areas are our usual stomping grounds but this time we want something a little more....I don't want to use the cliché word, exotic. It's not even necessary to be "exotic", it's just something special for the kids. Now, we've been to India several times, so we are not afraid to venture far and we get vaccinations regularly for our trips.


I'd like to take the kids to a place we dream about when we see it in books and travel mags. We thought Bora Bora would be cool but then I reflected a bit (just think "Couples Retreat"): it’s a place I'd like to go without kids. Just  the hubby. Morocco  came to mind but the idea of going around the markets with kids gave me palpitations.


Finally, the AFRICAN safari. No palpitations here (yes, Les-I did steal your idea!)

Though, the reality is, it won't happen right away. So, for now, a place I’ve been too, but the kids have never been....Jamaica! Here we come!

(A little beach ensemble I put together for Mona. Only thing missing is the perfect Missie Sunshine kaftan. I'll go create one right away.)


All accessories are from bluezoo.
Bathing Suit: Baker by Ted Baker.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! We love hearing from you.