Sunday, March 18

in·spi·ra·tion

[in-spuh-rey-shuhn] 
noun

1. an inspiring or animating action or influence: I create because Mona is my inspiration.
2. something inspired, as an idea.
3. a result of inspired activity
4. a thing or person that inspires
5. Theology. 
            a. a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
            b. the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced. 



Where do I begin with this one? 


I feel like the nutty neighbour who's going to pull out the slideshow from their last trip to the Grand Canyon or cheesy shots from a week-long cruise. I'm NOT that person but here I am trying to find a picture of my daughter, after whom I have named my company, Missie Sunshine. 

A larger than life HUGE personality inside a  tiny body, that's the only way to describe her. From the second she entered this world and I saw her itty bitty face, I knew it. Even, at 8 months old she fought her 3 year old brother for a bottle of water and won. The determination she had to get that bottle was all the signs I needed to know from that very moment what kind of personality she would have. 

In a nutshell, Mona is LIFE. 

(I know there's a lot of pics. Trust me, I have thousands and thousands of her in various actions. I wanted to find the ones that had a special sentiment behind it. There is no special order. I'm not a professional photographer so bear with me! Like every other mom, we catch our moments when we can, with whatever we’ve got on hand .... Enjoy!)  
  

Life as Mona 
She's calling out to the cows in front of my in-laws, in India. She could  do this for hours.


"Look, mama! The kite will fly in that direction."

Yup, it's the Marilyn Monroe pose.

"Look, mama! One, two...chachacha!"
Superstar! Very popular pose by Mona.




After her 1st ballet recital, this hairstyle was a regular do for a while.

"Oh yeah, superstar!"

Mona, Mona


"Where's my cow??" Still waiting. (India 2007)









Mona loves watching the waves.

The innocence of childhood.

Mona and her Great-grandmother. Mona had the fascination of rubbing her arms.
Mona: "Mama,  I love big Ba's soft skin! It's so soft, I wish I had soft skin like that. "
Mama: "Mona, it's a lot of wrinkles. You have to be over 80 to get skin like that."

"I'm ready!"

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! We love hearing from you.